Do you have an active YouTube channel? Want to link product review videos to the descriptions of items in your eCommerce store? It's easy with Run Free.
Any video that can be embedded using an iframe (think YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) is fair game.
First, Get the Embed Code
The first thing you need to do is find the video you want to add to your page and grab a copy of its embed code. For this example, we'll use YouTube.
Navigate to the video you'd like to include.
Click the "Share" button as shown towards the bottom right of the title bar below
3. Choose "Embed" on the far left in the popup window as shown below
4. Select the HTML code beginning with <iframe... and ending with .../iframe> as shown in the highlighted text to the right of the image below, then copy it by pressing CTRL C on a PC or Command C on a Mac
Second, Embed the Video in a Product Page
Now that you have your video's embed code copied, head on over to your Run Free eCommerce store and login as an administrator.
There are two places (shown below) where you can add your video on the product details page:
In the short description content section
In the full item description content section
Add Your Video in the Short Description
Click the products section, then choose the product you'd like to embed the video into, and select edit.
Scroll down to the Short Description section of the product details page (just below Toggles) and click the gray text box as shown below
Paste the embed code you copied from YouTube in the previous section of this article into the gray text box
Scroll up and click "Save" to lock in your changes to the product page.
Navigate to that product page by going to your store's front end or choose "view page" in the product details area to see the results.
Add Your Video in the Full Item Description
Click the products section, then choose the product (or products, this process works using the bulk "set description" option for multiple products as well) you'd like to embed the video into, and select "edit".
Scroll down to the "Full Description" section of the product details page and click the "source" button on the far right of the toolbar in that section as shown below
3. This will toggle the HTML source code view of the description text (you'll see the text change to include HTML tags). Place your cursor in the description text where you'd like to add the video (typically the top line, in this case to the left of "with") and press enter on your keyboard to give yourself a few empty lines.
4. Paste the embed code you copied from YouTube in the previous section as shown below
5. Scroll up and click "Save" to lock in your changes to the product page.
6. Navigate to that product page by going to your store's front end or choose "view page" in the product details area to see the results.
Note: This iframe embedding feature can be used with ANY embeddable content. Although video is the most common use case, you can get creative all over the platform by using this trick!